Monday, September 28, 2009


I have decided to start a blog for my business which is, Ambrosia Exquisite Wedding Cakes.

As my first entry I want to tell you a bit about how it all started. It all began quite a few years ago with my Granny Reta. My grandpa owned and operated a restaurant called the Mansion House in Ogden, Utah, she made the cakes for the weddings there and after a time started the first wedding reception center in Ogden, called The Threshold. In about1969 she went to Chicago and took a cake decorating class from Mr. Wilton. There were about 6 different categories of cakes that everyone in the class made, at the end of the class Mr. Wilton went and picked his favorite from each category and picked my grandmas cake each time. As a child I would go and stay with here for a while in the summer and watch her make cakes. I was always fascinated to watch her work and put them together. I keep this picture of her in my bake shop to keep here close and make her proud of me.

Later her daughter Jaynie Maxfield Rosse bought the business from her. Jaynie called my about 12 years ago and wanted me to come and work for her. I had no idea I would enjoy this business so much. Jaynie taught me so much and together we worked and had a blast together.

It was almost 5 years ago that Jaynie decided that she was going to go and try something new. So, I then purchased the business from Jaynie. I have enjoyed it so much and have found out that there is always something new to learn or to remember. Each year the styles change and there is always a new design or technique to challenge me abilities.



1 comment:

  1. way to blog Heather B. I'm excited to see what you are up to.

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete